Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 3: Basketball and Cupcakes


Basketball was fun; I felt like I was going to die, but that's not uncommon for the first game of the year. If tradition holds we will play a few more times before the snow falls in a few months. We are transitioning to a new office with a basketball court out front, but not until the Fall. That may up our playing frequency.

Subway again for lunch, sub the tuna for turkey and ham, all the fixings the same. After running a bunch of errands dinner became a Wendy's single burger, no fries, and a medium cherry coke. In the past it would have been a double (or triple!), I don't fool myself into thinking Wendy's is somehow a healthy dinner but at least the portions are less than what I normally eat.

My wife and I made celebratory chocolate cupcakes last night to bring in to work today. We found out we were having a little girl, so they were secretly filled with pink buttercream. I had one last night, and another this morning... after a McDonald's breakfast, my usual.

Not the best day for food, but hopefully the exercise helped offset it. I expect lunch to be another Starbucks-then-Subway day, but we will see what happens.

I will try to weigh in for tomorrow. I don't want to obsess over it, but I want to keep track. Plus it gives me extra motivation to get on the Wii Fit for 15-20 minutes. The yoga really does help my back, since I'm essentially carrying around an anvil in my gut.

No comments:

Post a Comment