Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 2

Finished yesterday a bit better than it started. A few co-workers go to Starbucks during lunch to get some personal coding done, and I joined them today. Grabbed a grande mocha there, then a Subway on the way back to the office.

6" tuna on wheat, provalone and toasted, spinach (infinitely better tasting and better for you than iceberg lettuce), tomato, onions, olives, a small bit of light mayo to rehydrate after the toasting, and some good old salt and pepper. Delicious stuff right there.

Resisting the chocolate cake sitting in our office right now that someone brought in. After reading the nutrition I did give in to a 1/2" sliver of angel food cake during an afternoon meeting yesterday (estimate: 40 calories, 8 carbs).

Dinner was steak on the grill, no fixings, no sides, just 8oz of beef excellence. My pregnant wife who can no longer tolerate steak (last time it was chicken) did a burger and dog. Since picking up our new gas grill, I have been outside 3-4 days a week on it. Definitely getting the most out of it.

Breakfast this morning was Dunkin Donuts: half of a multi-grain bagel with cream chesse, and a medium french vanilla iced coffee, cream and two splenda.

All and all, I don't think it's too terrible: I've always liked multi-grain and wheat over white, it has more flavor, and I know it's better for me. I only drink soda occasionally (coffee is a different story, 1-2 a day is typical). A bigger problem for me is portioning, which is something new - eating half the bagel, or only getting a 6" sub, are good steps for me.

Basketball plans for lunch today with some of the guys here, that should get me some much needed exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment