Thursday, June 6, 2013

10 Pounds Down, Thanks to Lose It!

So I know I haven't checked in much lately, but life continues as usual. I've been tracking everything in the mobile app, Lose It - originally my goal was to be under my calories for the week, now I've been focused on being under my calories every day.

While the weight continues to fluctuate, I've now hit a point where even if it ramps up a bit I don't pass 250lbs. I hover in the 246-249 range, and continue to trend down at a rate of around 1lb per week (slightly less than that lately, but still losing).

My general goal is just to not eat enough food to GAIN weight - then, any exercise (golf, hiking, etc) is a 'bonus'. I still eat just about anything I want, but the quantity has changed. Example: we had a happy hour to send off a coworker to his new job. I had an AMAZING pulled pork mac and cheese casserole - and I ate less half of it.

I find the best way is to not deny myself anything in a general sense, but to limit how much I order/eat. I'll admit to sometimes getting into a 'devour everything in front of me' mode, which I regret later. I also have a habit of ordering more than I need, especially when famished. What's helped that is always ordering a small, even if I'm really hungry. That at least combats having it in front of me, but many places to order food from are still not great for you even at small portion sizes. (Example: a small #9 at D'Angelo is still 620 calories, without chips or drink. With, you push 900-ish.)

I've been exploring more low calorie menus, too. The sausage flatbread pizza at Cheesecake Factory may leave you wanting more, but it's really delicious... just try not to eat your entire cheesecake, and watch out for the really bad ones (like the Red Velvet!). Those will ruin your week, not just your day.

My daughter will be 6 months next week, so the march continues! Here's to hoping I'm a thinner man in her memories of me when she's older.

No comments:

Post a Comment